MENU

爱伦坡诗歌二首

September 3, 2018 • Read: 1139 • 生活

Annabel Lee

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

多年以前,
在一个海边的王国里,
住着一位姑娘,也许你曾听说,
她名叫安娜贝尔•李——
她唯一的心思,
就是她与我的情意。

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
I and my Annabel Lee—
With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven
Coveted her and me.

那时她和我都很年轻,
在海边的那个王国里,
我俩山盟海誓——
我和我的安娜贝尔•李——
连天堂的六翼天使
对她和我也心生妒意。

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsmen came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

正因如此,多年以前,
在海边的那个王国里,
从云间吹来的凉风
冻死我的安娜贝尔•李;
于是她显贵的亲戚
把她从我身旁带离,
埋入石凿的墓地,
就在海边的那个王国里。

The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me—
Yes!—that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

天堂里毫无快乐的天使
对她和我一直心存妒意;
对!正因如此
(在海边那个王国里众所周知)
夜里从云间吹来的凉风,
冻死我的安娜贝尔•李。

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we—
Of many far wiser than we—
And neither the angels in Heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

但我俩的柔情蜜意,
更年长人的爱不可比拟——
更聪明人的情无法相提——
无论是天堂里的天使
还是海底的鬼蜮,
都不能使我们的灵魂分离,
我和我的安娜贝尔•李——

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling—my darling—my life and my bride,
In her sepulchre there by the sea—
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

因为在月华光照的梦里
总有我美丽的安娜贝尔•李;
在星斗闪烁的夜里
总有她那明亮的眼睛;
所以每当夜深人静,我都和她躺在一起,
而她,我的爱, 我的生命,我的娇妻
躺在海边的石棺里——
在怒海边的墓地。

The Raven 乌鸦

埃德加·爱伦·坡 著
曹明伦 译

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weakry.
从前一个阴郁的子夜,我独自沉思,慵懒疲竭,
Over many a quint and curious volume of forgotten lore.
沉思许多古怪而离奇、早已被人遗忘的传闻——
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
当我开始打盹,几乎入睡,突然传来一阵轻擂,
As of some one rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
仿佛有人在轻轻叩击,轻轻叩击我的房门。
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
“有人来了,”我轻声嘟喃,“正在叩击我的房门——
Only this, and nothing more."
唯此而已,别无他般。”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
哦,我清楚地记得那是在萧瑟的十二月;
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
每一团奄奄一息的余烬都形成阴影伏在地板。
Eagerly I wished the morrow; -vainly I had tried to borrow
我当时真盼望翌日;——因为我已经枉费心机
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore-
想用书来消除悲哀——消除因失去丽诺尔的悲叹——
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
因那被天使叫作丽诺尔的少女,她美丽娇艳——
Nameless here for evermore
在这儿却默默无闻,直至永远。

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
那柔软、暗淡、飒飒飘动的每一块紫色窗布
Thrilled me-filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
使我心中充满前所未有的恐怖——我毛骨惊然;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
为平息我心儿停跳.我站起身反复叨念
" ' Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-
“这是有人想进屋,在叩我的房门——。
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-
更深夜半有人想进屋,在叩我的房门;——
This it is and nothing more.
唯此而已,别无他般。”

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
很快我的心变得坚强;不再犹疑,不再彷徨,
"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
“先生,”我说,“或夫人,我求你多多包涵;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
刚才我正睡意昏昏,而你来敲门又那么轻,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
你来敲门又那么轻,轻轻叩击我的房门,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"--here I opened wide the door;
我差点以为没听见你”——说着我拉开门扇;——
Darkness there, and nothing more.
唯有黑夜,别无他般。

Deep into that: darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing
凝视着夜色幽幽,我站在门边惊惧良久,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
疑惑中似乎梦见从前没人敢梦见的梦幻;
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
可那未被打破的寂静,没显示任何迹象。
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, "Lenore!"
“丽诺尔?”便是我嗫嚅念叨的唯一字眼,
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, " Lenore! "
我念叨“丽诺尔!”,回声把这名字轻轻送还,
Merely this, and nothing more.
唯此而已,别无他般。

Then into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
我转身回到房中,我的整个心烧灼般疼痛,
Soon I heard again a tapping somewhat louder than before.
很快我又听到叩击声,比刚才听起来明显。
"Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my window lattice;
“肯定,”我说,“肯定有什么在我的窗棂;
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore-
让我瞧瞧是什么在那里,去把那秘密发现——
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;
让我的心先镇静一会儿,去把那秘密发现;——
'Tis the wind, and nothing more!
那不过是风,别无他般!”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter.
我猛然推开窗户,。心儿扑扑直跳就像打鼓,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;
一只神圣往昔的健壮乌鸦慢慢走进我房间;
Not the least obeisance made he; not an instant stopped or stayed he;
它既没向我致意问候;也没有片刻的停留;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door-
而以绅士淑女的风度,栖在我房门的上面——
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door-
栖在我房门上方一尊帕拉斯半身雕像上面——
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.
栖坐在那儿,仅如此这般。

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
于是这只黑鸟把我悲伤的幻觉哄骗成微笑,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
以它那老成持重一本正经温文尔雅的容颜,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
“虽然冠毛被剪除,”我说,“但你肯定不是懦夫,
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
你这幽灵般可怕的古鸦,漂泊来自夜的彼岸——
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night ' s Plutonian shore! "
请告诉我你尊姓大名,在黑沉沉的冥府阴间!”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
乌鸦答日“永不复述。”

Much I marveled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
听见如此直率的回答,我惊叹这丑陋的乌鸦,
Though its answer little meaning-little relevancy hore;
虽说它的回答不着边际——与提问几乎无关;
For we cannot help agreeing that no sublunary being
因为我们不得不承认,从来没有活着的世人
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door-
曾如此有幸地看见一只鸟栖在他房门的面——
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above I us chamber door,
鸟或兽栖在他房间门上方的半身雕像上面,
With such mime as "Nevermore.
有这种名字“水不复还。”

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
但那只独栖于肃穆的半身雕像上的乌鸦只说了
That one word, as if his soul in that ill~ word he did outpour.
这一句话,仿佛它倾泻灵魂就用那一个字眼。
Nothing farther then he uttered-not a feather then he fluttered-
然后它便一声不吭——也不把它的羽毛拍动——
Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before-
直到我几乎是哺哺自语“其他朋友早已消散——
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before. "
明晨它也将离我而去——如同我的希望已消散。”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
这时那鸟说“永不复还。”

Wondering at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
惊异于那死寂漠漠被如此恰当的回话打破,
"Doubtless," said I, "what it utters is its only stock and store,"
“肯定,”我说,“这句话是它唯一的本钱,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster
从它不幸动主人那儿学未。一连串无情飞灾
Followed fast and followed fastel-so, when Hope he would adjure,
曾接踵而至,直到它主人的歌中有了这字眼——
Stern Despair returned, instead of the sweet Hope he dared adjure-
直到他希望的挽歌中有了这个忧伤的字眼
That sad answer, "Nevermore!"
‘永不复还,永不复还。’”

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
但那只乌鸦仍然把我悲伤的幻觉哄骗成微笑,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust, and door;
我即刻拖了张软椅到门旁雕像下那只鸟跟前;
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
然后坐在天鹅绒椅垫上,我开始冥思苦想,
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore-
浮想连着浮想,猜度这不祥的古鸟何出此言——
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
这只狰狞丑陋可怕不吉不祥的古鸟何出此言,
Meant in croaking "Nevermore. "
为何聒噪‘永不复还。”

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
我坐着猜想那意见但没对那鸟说片语只言。
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
此时,它炯炯发光的眼睛已燃烧进我的心坎;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
我依然坐在那儿猜度,把我的头靠得很舒服,
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o'er,
舒舒服服地靠在那被灯光凝视的天鹅绒衬垫,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o'er,
但被灯光爱慕地凝视着的紫色的天鹅绒衬垫,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!
她将显出,啊,永不复还!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
接着我想,空气变得稠密,被无形香炉熏香,
Swung by angels whose faint foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
提香炉的撒拉弗的脚步声响在有簇饰的地板。
"Wretch," I cried, "thy God hath lent thee-by these angels he hath sent thee
“可怜的人,”我呼叫,“是上帝派天使为你送药,
Respite-respite and Nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
这忘忧药能中止你对失去的丽诺尔的思念;
Let me quaff this kind Nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!"
喝吧如吧,忘掉对失去的丽诺尔的思念!”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
乌鸦说“永不复还。”

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil! -prophet still, if bird or devil! -
“先知!”我说“凶兆!——仍是先知,不管是鸟还是魔!
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
是不是魔鬼送你,或是暴风雨抛你来到此岸,
Desolate, yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
孤独但毫不气馁,在这片妖惑鬼崇的荒原——
On this home by Horror haunted-tell me truly, I implore-
在这恐怖萦绕之家——告诉我真话,求你可怜——
Is there-is there balm in Gilead?-tell me-tell me, I implore!"
基列有香膏吗?——告诉我——告诉我,求你可怜!”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
乌鸦说“永不复还。”

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil! -prophet still, if bird or devil!
“先知!”我说,“凶兆!——仍是先知、不管是鸟是魔!
By that Heaven that bends above us-by that God we both adore-
凭我们头顶的苍天起誓——凭我们都崇拜的上帝起誓——
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn (8),
告诉这充满悲伤的灵魂。它能否在遥远的仙境
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
拥抱被天使叫作丽诺尔的少女,她纤尘不染——
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore.
拥抱被天使叫作丽诺尔的少女,她美丽娇艳。”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
乌鸦说“永不复还。”

"Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting-
“让这话做我们的道别之辞,鸟或魔!”我突然叫道——
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's plutonian shore!
“回你的暴风雨中去吧,回你黑沉沉的冥府阴间!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
别留下黑色羽毛作为你的灵魂谎言的象征!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! -quit the bust above my door!
留给我完整的孤独!——快从我门上的雕像滚蛋!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door! "
从我心中带走你的嘴;从我房门带走你的外观!”
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore. "
乌鸦说“永不复还。”

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
那乌鸦并没飞去,它仍然栖息,仍然栖息
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
在房门上方那苍白的帕拉斯半身雕像上面;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon that is dreaming,
而它的眼光与正在做梦的魔鬼眼光一模一样,
And the lamp-light o' er him streaming throve his shadow on the floor;
照在它身上的灯光把它的阴影投射在地板;
And my soul from out chat shadow that lies floating on the floor
而我的灵魂,会从那团在地板上漂浮的阴暗
Shall be lifted-nevermore!
被擢升么——永不复还!

Last Modified: February 17, 2020